Saturday, September 24, 2016

Brief Album Review: Jung Jin Woo (정진우) - 'In My Room' (EP)

Album release date: 2016
Genre: R&B/Soul, Kpop
Rating: 4.5/5
Brief Review by: jct


Jung Jin Woo caught my attention back in Kpop Star 5, when he first presented on stage with his self-composed song, Satellite. His style. His voice. The lyrics. I love it! I am so happy he released his debut mini-album this year, which is entitled, In My Room.

All the songs are enjoyable from the beginning to the end.  The album displays passionate vocals, great lyrics and tasteful song production.  I really enjoy the title track, "B Side U" which is about telling a loved one not to be afraid as he will always be by her side, as he sings, "Dear love, Don't be afraid, even when everything changes/ if you stay there, i'll be side you".   I also love the bridge "...But I don't need anyone but you/ without you, it's like a blackout. You know it, turn on the light."

Jin Woo definitely has lots of potential as he wrote most of the songs himself and composed some of them. I do find that R&B/Soul seasoned with some hip hop suits him best rather than ballad tracks though.  Overall, Jung Jin Woo left a strong impression with In My Room.

Tracklist
01  집에 있을게  (Open House) (with Villain)
02  B Side U
03  광신도 (Fanatic)
04  Leftover
05  Bonne Nuit


2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I also really like Jung Jinwoo! I can't find lyrics to any of his songs other than B side U, though...
    By any chance, can you share the lyrics to us? Even if translation or romanization aren't available, I personally would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I just posted the lyrics(hangul) for his other songs. Hope that helps!

      Delete